Jan 1, 2018

"2017 was just another year."

I think it's one of the best years I ever had so far. Or maybe not best, just not bad. Not entirely, just a portion of it. I am grateful because some of those memories are not just some typical Kodak moments. They're special apropos the opportunity to share the memories with my loved ones. What the parts of me are the parts of them. What theirs, mine.

But to get through the whole 365 days was not easy. It was a roller-coaster ride. I love roller-coaster, heck yeah. Unfortunately there were days that felt like an endless ride and it made me sick, terribly. My self confidence hit rock bottom. My anxiety messed up. And when these two happen and you can't function well, bad things happen.

2017 was that. Worrying that life is becoming upside down when in fact life is just ephemeral. I always forget that, every single time.

It's a new book now. Let's not make it "just another year". If I ever learned anything in 2017, probably these:

- You're responsible for your own happiness
- Embrace your weaknesses
- Love yourself enough
- The best way to have an argument is with an open heart
- Be kind, always
- When you start comparing yourself to other people, that is the sign that you need to reflect upon yourself and count your blessings
- We are not perfect but we can work on things to achieve perfection. Practice makes perfect. And sometimes it's not about repetition, it is about persistence
- The first step is always the hardest. Never discard every little achievement you've made. It's something to be proud of
- Never fall out of love

So 2017 was NOT just another year. It was another self discovery I had encountered and I am grateful for that.